So it was a normal night, nothing really exciting happened. It was during putting the boys to bed that I started kinda "observing" in the back of my mind, all that was going on around me. I am a people watcher. I love to just watch people. Anthony is always telling me to mind my own business, or to not stare, but its not about being nosey. I just wonder about people, where they go, how they talk, what they do when they get home. People are just fascinating.
Sometimes I will watch my life. Its kinda like the split screen TVs. Here I am living it out on one end, and watching it on another. I find that it helps me put it all into perspective. See the beauty in the mundane moments, like trying to get 2 crazy boys to sleep when its WAY past there bedtime.
So I sat there tonight trying to get Sonny to bed. I took a nap with him today which was a bad idea cause here it was 10:00 at night and he was wide awake. Jamie is on top bunk patiently waiting for me to come and let him lay on my arm while playing with my Swiss army knife. Kona was in the room and lately she has just been bugging me, so I threw her out and started to shut the door. Then Sonny says "my doggie, my doggie, I want my doggie" Not bratty, but just sad, like he just didn't want her to leave. This is where I start logging my night.
I just looked at him. When did he get so big? When did he learn to love the dog? He has always been so close to her, and Kona just puts up with anything he throws at her, sometimes literally. When did he come to want her close to him? I obviously called her right back in, and as soon as she jumped up on the bed, Sonny crawled over, layed down next to her and just pet her so gently with these satisfied eyes. He has become so loving, so caring, so protective.
After that we layed there with nothing really more going on. I watched Jamie's arm up above sway back and forth, in and out of site till it finally didn't come back signaling he had fallen asleep. Sonny eventually did to, and I slipped into my room where Ainslee was waiting, playing on my phone. I put a movie in I had rented cause even though it is a Tuesday night, we are on our own time :O) Ainslee fell right asleep and I spent the next hour and a half crying my eyes out to the movie Love Happens. I think that's the name, the one with Jennifer Aniston. My shirt collar was soak from drying my eyes every 5 seconds, and now I sit here writing this. Who knows, maybe I will delete this in the morning. I have done that before.
My night, nothing out of the ordinary, but I loved it. I miss my husband like crazy and it has only been 2 weeks. I am so glad to have these crazy kids around. Children are supposed to need their parents, but I think sometimes, we need them way more than they need us. Hmmm........yeah, my night.
Thanks for sharing. I'm glad you didn't erase it this morning :)
ReplyDeleteKids have a way of doing that to you. You get so wrapped up in schedules and bedtimes and "stuff" that you miss the little moments. I love when I can sit back and take it all in and truly see how they have grown and changed and what is important to them that we miss when we breeze thru life.
Being away from your hubby is hard. I'm praying that your time goes by quickly and that God comforts you in the times that you feel all alone.
I love you!
~Jolene
I'm so glad you blogged this...these are the posts I enjoy reading most! :) You are such a wonderful wife and mother, your family is lucky to have you! :)
ReplyDelete