Monday, March 28, 2011
Breakup
You can tell by all the dirty cars, melting snow and beautiful sunshine that breakup is here. For those out of state, this time of year is called spring :O) It has been nice taking the kids out without having to bring along our Hodge podge of arctic gear. Sadly though this will be our last summer in Alaska, we are looking forward to it warming up so we can take advantage of all the amazing outdoor activities. I was pregnant for the entire summer last year and didn't get to really do as much as I wanted, so I am going to be ready this year. First thing on my list: Flat top. I got half way up 5 months pregnant, so it should be a piece of cake this year. Anthony can't wait to take us through Crows pass. Its a 26 mile trail, and we are planning on backpacking through about half. We already rented a cabin on the trail for our first stretch, and will tent out the rest. The kids are most excited about riding their new bikes. Its kind of a sick joke to get a kid in Alaska a bike for Christmas, but they survived and can't wait to try them out. So far riding them around the basement really hasn't done much for them. I know its been awhile since I updated the blog. Other than looking forward to the summer, we are just trying to wrap up school work, spring clean and prepare for our move this time next year. Please pray for us as far as our move goes. We want to be in Gods will, and I know he will ultimately put us where we need to be. We are hoping for a home school friendly state, and something with preferably more than 2 seasons :O) That's all for now, love and miss those far away!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment