Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Summer drawing to an end

As summer draws to a close, I sigh a breath of relief, and cringe at how "structured" our lives are about to get. I have enjoyed this summer WAY to much. We turned off the internet, the tv, and I closed out of my internet networking sites. I barely blogged and I have to say it was worth it. I am sorry for my lack of communication, but it needed to be done.

We relaxed, we played, we were outside 24/7, and bedtimes varied. We still had our crazy life, but it wasn't so demanding. I am ready to get back on track though and get to teachin! Ainslee will be in 2nd grade and Jamie will be doing pre-school. I am going to attempt to start back up in Bible Study and will be teaching cooking in our homeschool groups Co-op.

My hard drive did NOT crash as I thought, so as soon as I have time, I will put up our summer pics. The kids learned so many cool things this summer. Just your typical kids stuff, but I thought it was so fun to see.

Ainslee learned the hula hoop, to climb trees, can skip a bar or 2 on the monkey bars and does flips off the bars like a little gymnast (scares me to death, so I can't watch). She loves to fish and can cast like a pro, isn't scared of worms and even caught and mothered a few.

Jamie can now ride a 2 wheeler, is almost crossing monkey bars, climbs trees, jumps off one of the highest point on the playground and lands it like a pro, and is getting into break dancing (sounds funny I know, but he loves it and totally came up with it on his own).

Sonny can ride a big boy bike with training wheels, can break out of any locked enclosure, is FINALLY sleeping in his room with Jamie is a big boy bed, and pretty much keeps me running all day.

We have now turned internet back on and are getting back into the typical routine. I will be blogging more and being in better contact. Once again, pics soon to come.

PS I had to add this to the blog today. Jamie can now cross monkey bars!!! Yeah him! Totally came out of nowhere. I know this sounds like the silliest simple thing, but this is the stuff I live for. :O)

1 comment:

  1. Sonny can ride a bike with training wheels? How did that happen? It seems like he was just born. Time sure does go by fast. I love hearing what you all are up to.
    Blessings,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete