I look around and see all her Dr. Seuss books replaced with chapter books. Where toddler toys once were there are purses and nail polish. She has notes from her friends pinned on her wall, money and jewelry scattered on her dresser, and dirty clothes srewn across her room. Gone are the playdates, hello sleepovers!
She is still as crazy as the day I brought her home! She loves clothes and loves to create her own style. She loves the mall, but loves the outdoors. In fact just the other day her and Anthony went out into the woods and he taught her how to make a shelter out of whatever they could find. She LOVED it and came home with her first swiss army knife (b-day present from daddy).
Here are some pictures from her special day. Her party is this Saturday, but I had to celebrate. I always decorate the house and have a candy trail from her room to her presents.
WOW!!! I want to be your kid!! You are so fun!!!
ReplyDeleteAhh happy birthday Ainslee -I can't believe she is 7 already either - she looks so different than from our days in Germany. I love the candy trail idea too. Keep up the hard work in raising her, you are such a great mom - . I look up to you and love your parenting style :)
ReplyDeleteShe is too cute, and so grown up. You're the greatest mom too (maryBeth is inlcuded, I don't know what she's talking about!)...that is such a cute birthday tradition. Tell her I said happy birthday. Hops and I were just doing the reminiscing of when they were both small and how they grow so fast. It makes me miss my babies!
ReplyDelete