For the past few weeks now I have been preparing to run my first 5K. I have always had a desire to run, and was a bit jealous of those who could. I tried over the years to run, but my legs just never held up. I would get horrible shin splints and achy calves, and cramps galore. I figured that I just didn't have a runners body and gave up trying.
In 2007 I had heard that a good running shoe makes all the difference. I went to the store and for the first time actually thought about the kind of shoe I was getting and not just how cute it was. I picked a shoe for what I thought was my foot type and low and behold I could run!!!!! I am not talking about major speed here, but running none the less.
I have had the same shoes for about 4 years now and when I started training again I noticed all my leg problems coming back. I heard about a great store downtown that assess your feet for free, and went in. I found out that I have high arches and that my feet overpronate. Basically when I take a step, they collapse inward completely. He fit me to another great running shoe and all my leg problems once again disappeared. I realized that a running shoe is only good for about 8 months, no wonder mine weren't working any longer.
I love running, and can't wait to see how well I do on the 21st when I officially do my first 5K. Pray I finish, that I run it all, and that I get a good time worth being proud of :O)
No comments:
Post a Comment