Our Easter this year was wonderful. Me and Anthony both made comments about how nice this year ended up. The kids are now old enough to remember why we were celebrating, and really get involved in ways they didn't understand before. On Thursday we did a foot washing ceremony together in the house as a family. We did this last year, but Anthony was in Guam. It was very special to do it with him, and to see the kids getting into it. It is always a very humbling experience. Last year I just grabbed a bucket of luke warm water, but Anthony got all into it with a loofah and soap :O) We not only got a great spiritual experience as a family, but we had clean fresh smelling feet for bed!
On Friday the kids watched their child friendly Easter movie while me and Anthony sat and watched The Passion of the Christ. Its been years since first watching it. I haven't been able to bring myself to see it over the years, but really needed to watch it this year. I of course cried like a baby.
On Sunday we taught 2 Sunday school classes. By the time we got home at 3, we were exhausted and ended up putting the ham and fixings aside for another day and just ordered pizza! A little unconventional, but it allowed us to just enjoy the rest of the day. The kids did a Resurrection Easter egg hunt, and then we hung out with friends.
This past year has come with some trials and transitions. We really felt the Lords Grace and mercy on our family in a way we never have before. I am so grateful to Christ for giving his life for us so that I can lean on him and feel his presence every day. I pray you all had a blessed Easter as well, and may Christ be with you all :O)
No comments:
Post a Comment