Today the kids rocked as usual. Bear was having one of those "I need to be attached to mommy 24/7" days, and nothing was getting done. Instead of sitting around trying to battle it, I got the kids on their bikes and we took off on a ride. Bear loves the bike trailer, so he fell right asleep. The kids can easily do 3 miles now, so I decided to push them and see what they could really do. We headed for the BX which is 5 miles away. Sonny made it a little over a mile, and when he couldn't go anymore I threw him in the trailer with Bear and attached his small little bike to the front of it.
Away we went and made it all the way there without any complaining or stops! They did so good, I knew they could, but I didn't expect it to be so fun and easy. Once we got to the BX I let the kids get an ice cream cone and we walked around waiting for Anthony. He got off at 3 and was ready to pick us up since the 5 miles back was probably wishful thinking. Jamie however was full of energy and we decided to ride back anyway. Anthony took Ainslee, Sonny and Bear and we met them at home. It was a blast!
All in all 10 miles today, and it felt great. I had also done my workout DVD this morning, so I know I will be paying for it all in the morning :O)
No comments:
Post a Comment