It was one of those crazy days AGAIN. I was trying to clean, socialize with friends, run errands, school Ainslee, and all the other crazy things us moms do. The boys, especially Sonny, weren't having any of it. I finally gave up and said "lets make cookies!" I told the kids that we would, but wasn't sure when or how it would ever happen. I figured that if I wasn't getting anything else done, might as well have fun with the kids. So here is our little food expirament in pictures. Oh, and if you don't know already, I am a HORRIBLE speller, and my grammer isn't that great either. I wish I could say I will change, but I won't. I try my best, but what can you do :O)
Ok, so we started out by getting ready and washing our hands:
Sonny was our little spectator :O)
I let the kids feel, smell, and taste (at least the good ones) each ingredient:

<----This was flour, he thought it would taste as good as sugar. He put it in his mouth before I could warn him. His words were "its kinda gross" :O)
After we had fun sifting through it all, we started making snickerdoodles!

<----Ainslee is the best egg cracker in the world, she never gets a shell! I always get shells in mine.

<----Jamie poured in the vanilla. Aunt Kristy brought us some yummy vanilla from Mexico.
They wisked all the wet ingredients together:
Then folded in the dry ingredients:
Here they are ready to go in the oven:

<----This is a very well seasoned pizza stone :O)
Watching.......
..........and waiting............
YUMMY!!!!!
What a mess!!!!

<-----Lucky for me, Ainslee loves to do dishes :O)
It took us and hour and 45 minutes, but it was worth it. The whole time all Jamie could say was "this is so much fun mommy!" Ainslee has been dying to cook with me, so this was the highlight of the month.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHow fun - I love the experience in pictures! I may have to steal that idea
ReplyDeleteOh and send Ainslee on over I always have dishes that need to be done :)
I can't wait to read the rest of your blog (and add you to my list)
Zac and I both have blogs also,
mine is:
http://mommyeyes.blogspot.com/
and Zac's is:
http://thezacthomasblog.blogspot.com/
~Jolene
Hi Crystal,
ReplyDeleteLove the Blog. I love being able to see what other families are doing and feel like I am staying in touch.
We also have a blog,
isenberger5.blogspot.com
Stop by sometime and take a look. Hope you don't mind me adding yours to my blog list. If so just let me know.
Liz
See this is why you're one of the best moms I know!!!
ReplyDelete