Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Ainslee's Duck



So Ainslee has been such an amazing help lately. There is so much to do and not enough hands or time. I find her constantly picking up my slack, and I cannot tell you what a relief it can be. She really enjoys helping, and is always asking if there is anything she can do. God really is doing a mighty work in this one!
I decided that we needed some mother daughter time, and that I needed to do something special to show her my appreciation of everything she had been doing for the family.

I took her to this pottery place called All Fired Up. You go in and pick out a piece of pottery and paint it. You use all their materials and stencils and what not, then you leave it there and within the week they fire it for you and you pick it up. She ended up picking out this adorable little duck. After that we went to Barnes and Noble and had lunch. It was such a great day.

That week, one of the men there called to let us know that the duck was ready and that it turned out very nice. When we got it, there was a certificate on it. She got an award for having a piece of pottery that stood out among others! I was very proud. I am not sure how many awards are given out, but I don't care. They said they took a picture of it and it will eventually be posted on their web site. I thought it was pretty cool. We had such a great time, and Ainslee can't wait to go back. She named her duck Lily, and the store called it the shy little duckling. So without further adu (however that is spelled):




3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun mother/daughter time...And what a great duck!! He's very cute!! She did a wonderful job with the painting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun mother-daughter time. Ainslee did a great job painting the duck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a beautiful duck. Tell Ainslee great job. Great job to you too mommy for taking the time. Love to all

    ReplyDelete