Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy Valentines Day!



Today was such a great day. Everyone slept in (except me) and woke up to a decorated house. We had a yummy breakfast or should I say brunch that included red pancakes! We then met Kristy and Kahvi (Anthony's sister and her dog) at the coolest dog park. We have never been to one before, and LOVED it. The dogs had a blast, we could have stayed there all day. It was 35 degrees out today! I didn't even have to wear gloves. On the way out of the park and back to the cars, we walked right by this huge moose. It was RIGHT off the path and just watching everyone walk by. Earlier there were 2 of them out in the field laying down, and that was enough to freek me out without them right there. It was awesome after we were within a safe distance, but holy cow I was freeked out!!!!

Being Valentines day and all, I sat this morning thinking about the greatest love of my life, Jesus Christ. A few years ago when I became a Christian I would hear people talk about being "in love" with Christ and I just didn't understand. I mean I loved God and had a deep respect for him and his word. I put my faith in him everyday, but I just didn't have it...yet. Over the years, as I have seen him work in my life, and as he has constantly forgiven me, that respect and love has grown into this deep hunger for him. I can say now that I understand. I am so "in love" with my Lord. I get giddy sometimes and feel like I can't get close enough to him.

I went into the book of Psalm this morning and browsed through them until I found one that expressed to him today how I feel, it didn't take long. I wanted to share it with you all. I pray that each one of you if you don't already, can feel this one day. Feel the love of your savior.

Psalm 16

Keep me safe O God,
for I have come to you for refuge.

I said to the Lord, "You are my master!
all the good things I have are from you."
The godly people in the land
are my true heros!
I take pleasure in them!
Those who chase after other Gods will be filled with sorrow.
I will not take part in their sacrifices
or even speak the names of their Gods.

Lord, you alone are my inheritance, my cup of blessing.
You guard all that is mine.
The land you have given me is a pleasant land.
What a wonderful inheritance!

I will bless the Lord who guides me;
even at night my heart instructs me.
I know the Lord is always with me.
I will not be shaken, for he is right beside me.

No wonder my heart is filled with joy.
and my mouth shouts his praises!
My body rests in safety.
For you will not leave my sould among the dead
or allow your godly one to rot in the grave.

You will show me the way of life,
granting me the joy of your presence
and the pleasure of living with you forever.

May you all have a blessed Valentines day.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the Psalm, I know just how you feel, it makes me happy to know others share the same joy and love!

    ReplyDelete