Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Date night

This Sunday me and Anthony had a date night. I think this was the 2nd or 3rd one since we moved here a year ago, so it was much needed. A few years ago Anthony fell in love with the ukulele, and found this amazing ukulele player online. We found out last month that he was coming to play here. So that is what we did. I have to say I wasn't all that thrilled to spend my night listening to the uke, but it turned out great!

Not only was he awesome, but he was such a humble and nice person. He was so thankful to be playing for us and was very funny. He even said that most people have very low expectations when they come to see him, so he can only go up. I thought that was funny since I really did think "oh ok, we are going to listen to some ukalele player, great!"

After that we went to dinner with his sister and some of her friends. We had such great conversations. After we were done eating, we were hanging out by the door waiting to go and in walked Jake Shimabukuro the uke player we just watched. Anthony walked up and shook his hand and talked to him and then he walked over and shook all our hands and thanked us all for coming. It was so genuine. I put a link below of him playing, you have to check it out. He did so amazing! We went home feeling so refreshed.

1 comment:

  1. YAY for an amazing date night!! We all need those every once in awhile! :)

    ReplyDelete