So Sonny is ready to potty train. Months ago we started this process, and he has just shown me that he is more and more ready. Ainslee was an easy potty trainer, she was ready, learned quick and never looked back. Jamie I thought never would. He had no interest what so ever, and it took a lot more work. Sonny has more of Ainslee's mindset.
He already wants to dress himself, and changes frequently throughout the day because he thinks its so fun. For months now he has been using the potty, but nothing formal or consistant. He has no fear of it and knows exactly what to do. This past week he has been telling us "potty potty" and doing the potty dance. A few times we have made it to the toilet in time so that he could go.
Today I decided to let him run around naked from the waist down and see how he would do. He only had an accident once! So far he has made it to the potty every time. I am excited and nervous. As much as I would love to get rid of diapers, anyone who has potty trained knows that it isn't easy at first, even with a kid who has it down. There are going to be months of stopping everywhere to go pee, and always asking him if he needs to go. It takes a lot out of you at first, but its worth it. So here we go, baby number 3! Please say a prayer anytime you can. I will need patience and understanding throughout this whole process :O)
YAY!!! Best of luck!! Sounds like he's ready!
ReplyDelete